1. Spiritual: I am grateful for the eternal hope that I have in Christ Jesus. It’s an anchored hope that is unshakeable and grounded. I am grateful for the opportunity to study and eat spiritual food together with family, fellow sisters, friends and believers in various contexts. I am grateful for these life-giving experiences (both to share and receive) and that we live in a country that allows for such.
2. Family: I am grateful for the blessing of family both nuclear and extended. I am grateful for my incredible husband; a man of integrity, Godly principled, with a deep love for God and people. I am grateful for our daughters to see each one living out their destinies. It is invigorating to witness their strong sisterhood and friendship. This thanksgiving, they are actually spending time together in France as a follow up to their summer time in Greece. I am grateful for my uncle who lives right here in the area; his wisdom is enriching. I am grateful for my parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, in-loves, cousins, nieces and nephews; each makes the tapestry of my life beautiful.
3. Friends: I am grateful for the blessing of friends; old and new. Each friend has been a blooming flower in my life garden. I am grateful that each one has sharp blades that together our edges have become sharper and more efficient. I am grateful for their wit, strength, laughter, dedication, sincerity, and beauty- both inside and outside. I am grateful for the cherished moments of sharing our friendships.
4. Service: I am grateful for the opportunity to give back in service to be a part of making a difference in someone’s life no matter the sphere of influence. Life is more purposeful when lived from a place of service and giving to others. One of such is the recent opportunity to serve my fellow colleagues on the NSBA Leadership Council. Whether is serving fellow believers, educators, families, business owners or students, it is a joy to serve.
5. Essentials: I am grateful for good health, shelter, food, vitality, language, music, beauty of nature, seasons, diversity, productivity, and culture. Each of these unique essentials when brought together adds a special rhythm and flavor to life.
To witness Thanksgiving 2016 celebration is a blessing! Be sure to give thanks no matter what is going on in our world! You are blessed more than you realize! Love & Blessings!
"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, For His lovingkindness is everlasting." Psalm 107:1